At Pioneer Camp
Our Caring Staff
Liability and Occupational Accident Insurance for Volunteer Staff
InterVarsity Pioneer Camp maintains a general liability policy, which includes all volunteers. This means that if a volunteer is brought into a non-criminal lawsuit as a result of their activity on behalf of InterVarsity Pioneer Camp, the policy would respond on their behalf.
InterVarsity Pioneer Camp maintains Occupational Accident Insurance for all volunteers who are participating in duties on or off the premises that are supervised and sponsored by InterVarsity Pioneer Camp. This also includes travelling to and from volunteer duties. The benefits include excess medical, excess dental, family transportation, funeral expense, home/vehicle adaptation, psychological therapy, rehabilitation/retraining, repatriation. The policy also covers injuries sustained from seat belt, felonious assault and activities which cause paralysis. Note: The policy has limits on the various benefits.
Health and Safety
- There is a qualified medical person on staff, available 24 hours a day.
- Pioneer Camp leadership staff are trained in First Aid and CPR.
- Quality, nutritional meals are provided with a variety of healthy snack options at Tuck times.
- Drinking water is lab analyzed regularly for quality.
- All campers must provide a valid health number and completed medical information on application. Out-of-province campers must have medical insurance.